FDA Butyrate – Plastics Tubing
- Formula 264 - base; complies with FDA food contact regulations when supplied in FDA color numbers.
- Proven UV Stability
- Long Term Weather resistance
- High Impact Resistance
- Strong Chemical Resistance
- Unlimited Color Ability
- The ability to be efficiently Foil Stamped or Silkscreened
- Easy to fabricate and machine
- Manufactured from a renewable resource
Under regulations administered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), various grades of Eastman cellulosic products may lawfully be used in
food contact applications. These products are manufactured, stored, handled, and transported under conditions adhering to 21 CFR 174.5 on general provisions
applicable to indirect food additives (i.e., current good manufacturing practices for food contact substances).
Tenite™ Cellulose Acetate Butyrate 264-10 has a plasticizer level of 10%. It meets FDA requirements for certain food-contact applications when supplied
in specific FDA color numbers.
It is also noted for the same excellent balance of properties - toughness, hardness, strength, surface gloss, clarity, and a warm feel.
- Sparkling clarity and gloss - it won't stress whiten
- Toughness with flexibility - for a long functional life
- Ease of fabrication - cutting - bending, drilling and bonding
- Excellent chemical resistance - for long-lasting good looks and performance
- Good economics - providing cost advantages all the way to the end user
- Environmental advantages - has no plasticizers or halogen - containing compounds, BPA and BPS free, and when burned produces no toxic substances
- FDA clearances available for food/NSF 51 approval - contact applications
- UV resistance, with the use of UV grades that are available
- GREENGUARD INDOOR AIR QUALITY CERTIFIED®
Eastman Provista™ is a resin specifically developed for profile extrusion where high clarity and gloss, toughness, and process ability are critical. Eastman Provista™ Copolymer is a second-generation material that complements Eastman Provista™ by offering similar features, while providing greater toughness. Eastman Provista™ Copolymer is ideal in applications that place greater physical demands on the profile. With an indoor/outdoor UV package added, yellowing caused by light can be prevented. Eastman Provista™ Copolymer is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 51 for Food Equipment Materials.
The most compelling reason to consider Provista over polycarbonate tubes, is lower cost. Provista PETG allows for lower gauge thickness for some applications can allow for less material and thus reduce costs to produce a product.
Provista PETG is machinable and formable. Most drilling, sawing, and routing can be performed with standard wood working equipment. Heat forming of the products in this group is a bonus.
Busada Provista tubing has been used for conveying coffee beans, flour, grains, other foods, paper cups and containers pneumatically as well as by chain conveyance.
- FDA approved for food contact, Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 51 for Food Equipment Materials.
- BPA, BPS-free
- Resistant to discoloration
- Glass like clarity
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Dishwasher durability
- Unique sound damping properties compared with polycarbonate, glass, styrene acrylonitrile (SAN) copolymers, and acrylics.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Strong chemical resistance
- Strong heat resistance
- Does not impart any taste to the contents
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®
Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester TX 1800 is an amorphous copolyester specifically developed for use in blow molding and profile extrusion applications. Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester TX1800 may be used in repeated use food contact articles under United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
Tritan is a new-generation clear plastic with excellent toughness and impact resistance. It is virtually unbreakable. Unlike some plastics, Tritan is made without bisphenol-A (BPA) and it retains clarity after repeated dishwasher washing cycles, without hazing or cracking. That makes bottles made with BPA-free Tritan more than reusable; it makes them a great sustainable alternative to a market looking to reduce landfill use.
With its unmatched clarity and durability, Tritan makes a lot of products in many markets better. Eastman Tritan™copolyester is fast becoming the material of choice over polycarbonate and other alternatives such as polypropylene, styrene’s, and acrylics.
Tritan’s other sustainable advantages include:
- A favorable life cycle assessment compared to other materials
- The opportunity to use less packaging than with glass
- Reduced energy used in shipping because it’s much lighter than glass
- Other light weighting efficiencies
Tritan Food Grade Tubing MSDS (71 KB)
Tritan - Spec and Safety Sheet (59 KB)
Tritan Solvent Bonding (594 KB)